The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
Collection of information
Honda New Zealand operates the website www.honda.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Providing this information is always optional, however, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. When you visit our site, your Internet Protocol Address (IP address), domain name, date and time of visit, previous sites visited and browser type may be recorded. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided. We use this information to help us identify what parts of our site our users visit the most and determine how best to service our users.
Who we share this information with
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- The statistical information (not your personal information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personal information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- We may share the information with specified third parties if your prior permission has been obtained.
What else we do with personal information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
We use website analytics such as Google Analytics to help analyse how people use our websites. Website analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of Honda New Zealand's websites. We may also share website analytics with third parties engaged to provide or update our websites.
In the case of Google Analytics, Google will store this information. Honda New Zealand will not (and will not allow any third party to) use website analytics to track or collect any personal identifiable information of visitors to our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from our websites with any personal information from any source as part of our use of website analytics.
If you do not want your website data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. Cookies help us analyse site usage more accurately, ensure the most relevant content is being shown to you and provide additional functionality to you (for example, you may not have to enter a password more than once during a visit to our site). A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information.
You may prevent the collection of information by disabling your web browser from accepting cookies. You will still be able to visit our site, however, it may prevent you from utilising all the features.
Links to other sites
Changes to this policy
Your right to access your information
The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at Honda New Zealand by phone on 0800 2 HONDA (0800 2 46632), by using the email form on our website or contacting us by post to the attention of the Marketing Manager at Honda New Zealand Limited, P O Box 9590, Newmarket, Auckland 1149, New Zealand.