All new Honda Civic Type R
The Civic Type R - $59,990 +ORC.
Available now for immediate delivery
The Honda Civic Type R reflects our unique thinking, a desire for constant re-invention, re-evaluation, and relentless pursuit of better. Our passion for creating the perfect sports machine for the road and the track is imprinted into its DNA and drawn into every curve of its body. It’s a car that has been built for the sheer thrill of driving, a car built with soul, a car that speaks to you the way few others can. But, ultimately, actions speak louder than words.
Record breaking - On 3 April 2017, the all-new Honda Civic Type R set a new benchmark lap time for front-wheel drive cars at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. It lapped the world-famous circuit in 7 minutes 43.80 seconds, an improvement of nearly 7 seconds compared to the model’s predecessor.
The Civic Type R is available in limited stocks, with six colour options including Championship White, Polished Metal, Crystal Black, Rallye Red, Brilliant Sporty Blue and Sonic Grey.
Retailing for only $59,990+ORC, limited stock is in high demand, so contact your local Honda dealership to secure your Type R today!
And don't forget Honda's Price Promise - Whoever you are, wherever you are, or whenever you buy, you will always pay the same price for your new Honda. Dealer discounts and run-out sales lower resale values and speed up depreciation of new cars. That’s why at Honda we don’t do this – it’s how we protect your investment in a new Honda.
Since it's launch, the Honda Civic Type R has been awarded the New Zealand Performance Car Category Awards across multiple automotive and press publications:
- The 2.0L VTEC Turbocharged Engine is exclusive to the Civic Type R, making the Civic Type R the fastest, most agile Civic ever
- The Adaptive Damper System (ADS) controls the suspension action for heart-pumping handling and stability on the road or the track
- A Limited Slip Differential offers tighter cornering and better control for more confidence behind the wheel
The Civic Type R has been designed to be just as dramatic on the inside as it is on the outside. Controls are ergonomic and intuitive, giving you a complete feeling of connectivity. The interior may be unmistakably sporty, but it’s also undeniably refined, with unique Type R detailing and class leading space.
The all new suspension system and improved lighter chassis maximise the power transfer and stability of the Type R’s potent 228KW, 2.0L VTEC TURBO engine. New variable driving modes also give the car unrivaled usability with a Comfort, Sport and more dynamic +R function.
- Race-inspired lightweight Bucket Front Seats keep you in place during hard corners while still being comfortable enough for your daily drives
- +R Driving Mode is one of three customised drive modes that automatically retunes the suspension, throttle and steering settings for maximum performance
- A Customisable Digital Meter Display shows you boost pressure, g-forces and track times so you can maximise your performance
- Track-Tested Aero Kit features front and side splitters, a rear diffuser, vortex generators and a wing, all designed to keep the Civic Type R planted on the asphalt
- The Center-Exit Triple-Exhaust Tip System bellows a throaty growl that announces the arrival of the Civic Type R to the world
- 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels keep the rubber on the road in style and frame the large, track-tested red Brembo brake calipers
Overseas model shown